There are several factors to consider when choosing a work truck body for your business. First, consider the types of cargo and equipment you will be hauling; this includes for your own business as well as the clients you serve. Next, explore various truck body types. Choosing the right truck body for your business directly impacts the productivity and safety of your employees. It also affects your company’s bottom line, so it’s important to get the most out of the truck body you select. Here are important considerations when choosing the right work truck body for your company:
Have a clear understanding of the various ways your team will be using the truck body.
Consider asking key members of your team some of the following questions:
- What types of material will you be hauling regularly? Tools and equipment or gravel and sod?
- What is the maximum load capacity you need to be able to handle?
- Will you be hauling a consistently heavy load or will your loads vary in weight throughout the day/week/month?
- Are you going to need to haul a trailer? If so, what length?
- How will cargo loading and unloading be handled? Will it be from the rear of the truck, the side, or both?
- Consider slip resistance in mind with floor selection (on specific truck body options). If employees will be stepping onto or into the vehicle’s body, what precautions can be made to prevent slip-and-fall accidents?
“Whatever the body, solicit input from the crew, who will actually be using the truck, to ensure cargo access specs will optimize employee efficiency and productivity.” (automotive-fleet.com) You may assume you know how your employees use your fleet vehicles, but it’s worth the time to double check to ensure your assumptions are correct. It could make the difference between investing in a costly custom body, when instead, your team would have been sufficient with a standard platform body.
Explore various truck body types and their benefits.
Although many of our truck body types can handle a wide variety of applications, they typically specialize in a specific use. Therefore, it’s important to understand the benefits of each truck body type—from a platform body to a landscape or dump body.
- Designed to efficiently and safely transport large bulk materials and equipment to and from a job site.
- Ideal for contractors, landscapers and a variety of other hands-on trades.
- Numerous available upgrade options to customize for your specific needs (such as floor materials, etc.)
- Explore our platform bodies »
- DuraMag Landscape Bodies are ALL aluminum box tube construction.
- Barn doors (swinging) are equipped with polished stainless steel locking bars. Aluminum door tie backs are standard.
- Our all-aluminum construction is fully welded (unless you order our KD (knock down) landscape body).
- Explore our landscape bodies »
- Typically used in construction, landscape, and demolition fields of work.
- Our HD Models are designed for heavier commercial use.
- The DuraMag Eco Dump Body is a light-duty body that’s an affordable option for residential or light commercial use.
- Explore our dump bodies »
Explore our durability test video, and Knock Down Landscape Assembly video
DuraMag Durability Test with Images
Knock Down Landscape Assembly
Eliminate overwhelm and unnecessary costly business decisions by doing your research about work truck bodies. There are several different types of bodies to choose from; from platform bodies, dump bodies and landscape bodies. It’s key to understand the type of cargo you’re hauling, how often, and what needs your company work truck should meet. Consult with employees to understand the safety requirements your truck body should include, as well as maximum load capacity and possible custom options needed.
Explore DuraMag’s selection of work truck bodies today: