While DuraMag’s truck service bodies are built to last, they’re foremost designed to make your work more efficient. We manufacture our bodies from heavy wall-extruded aluminum, not from steel, which makes them strong yet lightweight. Aluminum also requires less fuel and ensures the truck body will not rust - unlike steel. Additionally, our truck bodies have a higher payload capacity, less chassis wear and tear and use a more environmentally-friendly manufacturing process. Our commitment to environmental responsibility is strong; like all DuraMag® aluminum bodies, the service body line includes a high percentage of recycled aluminum that’s environmentally friendly to process. There are no VOCs or liquid environmental waste in our coating process.
Furthermore, we offer an easy, fast installation. Our DuraMag® service bodies designed for pickup deletes are custom fit for fast installation (all current models) and bolt directly to the factory body mounts. They are also built to fit the actual length of the truck, which means 6” more usable body than much of the competition.
Some of our Service Body options include:
- Light Packages:
Package 1: Round STT—Backup in Rear Panel—Slim Line
Package 2: Oval STT—Backup Lights in Bumper—Rubber Mounted
- Powder Coated Non-Skid Bumper with Tapered Corners—Recessed with Full Step
- Vice Socket on Bumper
- Service Body Headache Rack
- Cantilever Rack Systems
Did You Know? We lead the way in the highest quality, safest design for service bodies. Our RU series features an all-aluminum body with 6 roll up/shutter style doors that are customarily seen on high-end fire vehicles. Roll up doors allow the user to work in a safer position without walking around swing-out doors extended into the street or walkway. This means no carrying tools out and around swinging doors anymore!
10 Key Benefits to the R Series Service Truck Bodies
- Superior door system over old-fashioned doors; recognized as safer than swing-out doors by fire/rescue industry
- No rust aluminum
- Strong yet light weight; approximately 40% less than the weight of steel
- Reduced wear and tear on the truck
- Higher payloads means real savings on fuel
- Frequently moved to the second truck (not the case with steel)
- DuraMag® sandblasts for maximum powder coat adhesion. This process is more labor intensive than a liquid bath but assures maximum finish life.
- Fully welded construction—No bolts or rivets to loosen and fall out
- Fully welded heavy plate fender skirt to resist side denting
- An investment that adds value at trade-in
Check out our Service Body Specs: DuraMag® Specifications
Our truck bodies are lighter weight than steel bodies, yet more durable and long-lasting. DuraMag® aluminum bodies are considered the premium truck body in the industry for multiple reasons. We offer a variety of sizes and features that organize your workflow and secure your tools. On top of that, we make your work safer. Stay closer to the truck and out of the road with our roll up doors. Give us a call and we’ll discuss a quality truck bed or truck body option for your company, and connect you to a dealer in your location today.